One of the most important and necessary pieces of office equipment today is the computer. Businesses in the UK, whether large or small, in some way or another, require the use of computers, the internet, and a networking infrastructure to stay ahead of the competition.
In large organisations, the support service is taken care of by their own IT department, but in small organisations, this work is mostly outsourced as the scope is not large enough to support dedicated staff but is extremely important for the continual operation of the business.
In small organisations, the IT infrastructure normally consists of a few computers and a small network setup, maybe including a file server. It would not be feasible economically, for them to have their own local IT Support team, but at the same time they need to ensure that business can continue without any downtime.
Selecting a Managed Service Provider (MSP) for your business IT Support and Services can be a tough task. Here are a few points to consider:
- Check the qualifications of the IT support service provider. You need to know that you are dealing with valid and authentic professionals.
- Ask about their experience.
- How many years have they provided this service to others?
- Which areas and environments do they have experience in?
- Discuss the service terms and conditions beforehand. Make your expectations clear and go through all the checkpoints. Be very careful at this stage because a small change in the agreement can lead to being stuck in a contract which may not be appropriate. Check to see that IT support services are inclusive of computer, network services and users.
- Check any membership or associations with any of the well known vendors. This will help you ascertain their competency level.
- Talking to existing customers will help you guage the level of services and the quality of services offered.
For a relatively small cost for services that support the entire business, SMB’s that outsource IT services have a lot to gain. Here are two big benefits:
- Increases productivity: you won’t have to worry about your IT and you can concentrate on your business. The services will help improve your systems and make them more efficient.
- Gives you an edge over your competition: strong IT support will help you deliver products/services to your customers quicker and more efficiently.
Book a Free Assessment