The new year is now upon us and even in the space of a 1-2 week holiday period, things have changed. New types of fraud will have been devised when everyone's guard is down.
Every business, large and small, has different IT support requirements. Based on this, it would be beneficial to work with an IT company that delivers tailored solutions based on the specific needs of your organisation. IT companies deliver a cost effective and reliable method of managing the IT needs of any business.
Topics: IT Services Provider
One of the most important and necessary pieces of office equipment today is the computer. Businesses in the UK, whether large or small, in some way or another, require the use of computers, the internet, and a networking infrastructure to stay ahead of the competition.
In large organisations, the support service is taken care of by their own IT department, but in small organisations, this work is mostly outsourced as the scope is not large enough to support dedicated staff but is extremely important for the continual operation of the business.
In small organisations, the IT infrastructure normally consists of a few computers and a small network setup, maybe including a file server. It would not be feasible economically, for them to have their own local IT Support team, but at the same time they need to ensure that business can continue without any downtime.
Selecting a Managed Service Provider (MSP) for your business IT Support and Services can be a tough task. Here are a few points to consider:
- Check the qualifications of the IT support service provider. You need to know that you are dealing with valid and authentic professionals.
- Ask about their experience.
- How many years have they provided this service to others?
- Which areas and environments do they have experience in?
- Discuss the service terms and conditions beforehand. Make your expectations clear and go through all the checkpoints. Be very careful at this stage because a small change in the agreement can lead to being stuck in a contract which may not be appropriate. Check to see that IT support services are inclusive of computer, network services and users.
- Check any membership or associations with any of the well known vendors. This will help you ascertain their competency level.
- Talking to existing customers will help you guage the level of services and the quality of services offered.
For a relatively small cost for services that support the entire business, SMB's that outsource IT services have a lot to gain. Here are two big benefits:
- Increases productivity: you won't have to worry about your IT and you can concentrate on your business. The services will help improve your systems and make them more efficient.
- Gives you an edge over your competition: strong IT support will help you deliver products/services to your customers quicker and more efficiently.
Every business in the UK is looking for ways to improve, become more efficient and to keep the IT systems running. A major part of this is the IT assistance process. A good IT company has the ability to respond, resolve IT issues and offer the right solution for business IT requirements. Here are some of the major benefits:
Hear how Chris March from Remember Media and Maurice Tinkler from Sunderland City Council benefitted from PCI Services IT Support, IT Services and approach to working with businesses within a multi-tenant building.
PCI Services are now providing Business IT Support and IT Services to the following Industrial Estates, Business Parks and Business Centres in Edinburgh, Lothian and the surrounding regions:
VMware and Dell have enjoyed a long partnership, developing first-to-market client virtualisation solutions designed to address a range of customer workloads.
Desktop and application virtualisation: A whole new world
With workforces becoming increasingly mobile, organisations are faced with having to protect their most valuable assets: people and data.
Here are the 3 most common ways a Newcastle-based Business will get caught out when looking to outsource to a Managed Support Provider (MSP). These apply to businesses with an existing contract or to those who are looking to change IT Service provider.
Often, a Sunderland business will sign a contract for third-party IT Support Services, oblivious to the detail buried in the Terms and Conditions. Below are three contract items to look out for: